Friday, January 7, 2011

I need a change


In my office to be exact! I have been toying with some ideas to warm up/ cozy up my office space. I would love to have a really bold girly space, but our office is basically the first room you see in our house so it really needs to flow well with the rest of our main living space. Here are the "before pictures. It is basically a blank slate! I have already started a couple of projects that I will hopefully be able to post by next week. I would love some advice on possible colors or window treatments.


Stay tuned to see what I have alreay done with the desk!

I added the skirt to hide all the messiness under the desk! Can't stand to lookat clutter!!

Also brought up a $5 garage sale find to store office necessities! I hadn't even thought about using it for this space. I already had the knobs in my project box. I am still not sure about the placement of the desk, but this is the best I can do for now!


This shot shows how the office connects to the dining room.
 Ok folks! Inspire me! :)

1 comment:

  1. If it were me, I would strip your furniture. {look at Restoration Hardware} or paint them black and rub them. Use the same fabric for drapes both to your dining room and on your windows. Then, I would use a couple of impact pieces for a pop of color. Turn the cork board above your desk into a chalkboard or turn it into a gilt frame card holder http://www.potterybarn.com/products/gilt-frame-card-holder/?pkey=cframes-wall-art

    ReplyDelete